I have been thinking about our trip a lot and thought a Top 10 list would be fun. These are the top ten things I am most looking forward to on our trip.
10. Being disconnected. I like that I am leaving my iPhone behind. That television and internet and phones will not always be available. I am expecting that God will do great things in this time of being disconnected. I am grateful that we will have ways to update and stay in contact with family and close friends, but am excited for being away for the craziness for awhile.
9. Experiencing Africa. I have dreamed of going to Africa for over a decade and I cannot believe it is actually happening. I am so very excited for this opportunity to visit such a unique and wonderful place.
8.The airport. I have envisoned the moment of us coming down the escalators and into the arms of family and friends since we started this process. Why? Probably because that is what you see in all of the adoption videos I have spent hours crying over :) But mostly because I am so very excited. Excited to watch our parents meet their grandchild for the first time. Excited for Little R to meet his Aunt B. Exicted for our family and friends who have prayed for this little boy for over a year to meet him face to face. Excited to get in the car and go home as a family of THREE.
7. Skyping/Facetiming/iMeeting with our families, with our son, for the first time.
6. Court. I would lie if I did not tell you the idea of court makes me a little nervous. The word just sounds scary. But I am oh so excited for Little R to become a part of our family. Forever. Ever. Ever. Then we can share his picture, and you should be excited about this. He is the cutest little Ugandan ever.
5. Meeting Little R's caregivers, our lawyer, our facilitator, and everyone in country who has loved on Little R and helped us get to this point and will see us through. I cannot wait to give his caregivers a big hug and tell them how grateful we are for them and how we want to know them forever. To promise them that we will love and take care of this little boy. To thank them for being the hands and feet of Jesus when Little R needed them so much.
4. Seeing all God teaches us through this month. God has certainly used this journey to refine us and make us more Holy, I am confident that will continue as we travel and complete this process. Even when it hurts, it is well with my soul.
3. Getting to know Little R. We will be in country for a little while, but I am grateful for this time. To experience and soak in as much of his culture as we can. To play with him. To begin to understand him and love on him. I cannot wait to just live day to day life with him and L.
2. Watching L become a father. L is such a kid at heart and I know Little R is going to love him SO much. I have pictures in my mind of how L's face will light up the moment he sees him and them playing in our hotel room. I already invision L being the "fun" parent of us two :) More than anything, I cannot wait to watch as Little R learns to become a man of God like his daddy.
AND NOW...the #1 think I am most looking forward to on our trip...
1. Becoming a mother to Little R. My heart cannot wait for this moment. I dream about. I know exactly what I am going to wear (this is so important after all!). I cannot wait to hold my baby boy and hug on him for days, years, his life, ya know? I am very excited to become a mother and so excited Little R will be my first born child - I have not even met him but already know I am one blessed momma.
One little disclaimer. Any adoptive parents who have walked this journey, or just parents in general, may think this post is me being naive and seeing things through rose colored, inexperienced glasses. I am well aware it is highly unlikely everything will go like we have planned or I will feel like I have day dreamed every moment. To be honest, it is even scary to share all our dreams, because what if they do not happen? However, I like to dream and believe in things. I do believe no matter the circumstances, God will bring much joy through this journey and we are so very excited for that. We place our hope in Him and his plan for things to turn out just the way He wants them.
And yes, I have no doubt there will be a post like most parents have of all the things I did not plan for or did not know. For now, I choose to keep day dreaming and hoping. :)
Love it. And maybe things won't be exactly like you planned. But I have no doubt that the love you both will feel for your sweet boy will be overwhelmingly greater than anything you could have imagined!
ReplyDelete